A new Passport scheme was introduced in 2007. The idea of the Passport is to provide you with a record of your journey by collecting passport stamps at the 14 locations that include shops, pubs, hotels and Tourist Information Centres. Using the Passport is simple – call in at the stamping points listed below to get your Passport stamped. You don’t have to collect them all; just the ones at each end of the walk and four others in between. Once your Passport is complete, return it to the Wye Valley AONB office, who will send you an exclusive enamel badge and a certificate to mark your achievement in finishing the walk.
Stamping stations may change from time to time, but the most up to date list will be available here. Some stamping points may be closed or have reduced opening hours out of season.
To get your Passport, either call in at a stamping station on the route, or you can order one by post from the Wye Valley AONB office. There is a brochure request form on the publications page of this web site.
Passport stamping locations
- (1) Chepstow inside TIC
- (2) Redbrook inside The Bell Inn
- (3) Symonds Yat inside The Saracens Head Inn
- (4) Ross-on-Wye inside Hope and Anchor
- (5) Mordiford inside The Moon Inn
- (6) Hereford inside TIC, opposite the cathedral
- (7) Bredwardine inside Red Lion Hotel
- (8) Hay-on-Wye inside FW Golesworthy outdoor supplies shop, opposite the clock tower
- (9) Erwood In a box at the entrance to Trericket Mill B&B and bunkhouse
- (10) Builth Wells the box is on the stone wall in the garden , Bronwye B&B, Church Street
- (11) Rhayader inside leisure centre
- (12) Gilfach inside Nature Reserve Centre
- (13) Llangurig inside Black Lion Hotel
- (14) Hafren Forest outside in a box at Rhyd-y-benwch picnic site